Lots of things keep happening all the time with Sintel and the crew! Here’s a list of bullet points with highlights.
- Sintel selected for Siggraph Animation Festival.
Out of over 1000 submissions, 60 entries were honoured. It’s for our open movie projects a first timer, both ED and BBB didn’t make it…
- Blender Foundation booth at Siggraph tradeshow
At least Colin, Nathan and me will be there. I hope we can afford to fly in other team members… t.b.a.
Note we also have a Birds of a Feather event at Siggraph with Sintel presentation.
- New download page
Pablo re-edited the download section, it also has newly encoded versions based on the downsized 4k 16 bits color files made Mathias Linden (thanks!). You can also find all 40 subtitle languages there now.
- Blu-ray ISO and 4k mkv file available
Mathias Linden also encoded us these versions, test these here: http://download.blender.org/durian/movies/
- Festival screenings
I do my best to keep the agenda updated, Sintel remains popular at many festivals world wide!
And personal highlights for crew members:
- Colin Levy has been recruited by Pixar, he has a 1 year contract as “Camera & Staging Resident”
- Beorn Leonard is being flied in to Sydney, he’ll become animator on Happy Feet 2, Dr D studios
- William Reynish has been accepted on the famous Danish Film School as an animation director student.
- Dolf Veenvliet launched a crowd-funding campaign for his future fossils Entoforms.
- Ben Dansie now works for MonkeyStack studio,
- Jean-Sebastien Guillemette realized CGI for the series www.shedmtl.com
- Lee Salvemeni launched new character training at his CGMasters site
- David Revoy and Angela Guenette created awesome Blender training dvds.
- Pablo Vazquez is hanging out here in Amsterdam, will work on new training dvd too.
And Campbell, Brecht and me are still frantically trying to get Blender more bugfree