To start with: check these cool pictures from Andy Goralczyk, he was in the studio here for a week course, and stayed a couple of days to welcome the Durian team and consult us a bit on various issues (4k render, epic shots, realistic human shading, …).
Yesterday we went over all the key topics for the startup of this project. Discussing essential boring stuff like working hours, keys, closing-down-office protocols, bicycles, apartment stuff, who gets us lunch, office cleaning, and of course about schedulig this whole project. Some decisions;
– We will make a schedule for a weekly MonkeyButler service, everyone then is for a week the office slave doing some cleaning, get and prepare lunch, manage dishwasher and change towels. I’ll do the first week 😉
– Script is getting some minor revisions for feasibility, but by Blender conference it’s final. We will present there the first scenes, about a minute of film. These scenes and shots we’ll keep updating live on the web for everyone, so you can watch it develop from storyboard to final.
– Everyone has a topic assigned to blog about this week.
– First month will be mostly design oriented, with targets to get final designs for the characters and environments during November.
We also defined first week targets for everyone:
– Soenke will work this week on creating an epic render in Blender, on Avatar level. (Yes, Cameron’s Avatar is the new reference standard for epicness)
– Angela and Nathan work on a quick female character model and rig, firday ready for Lee to pickup to animate.
– Lee will study fight choreography further, and come with proposals and designs for the fight sequences.
– Colin will review all feedback on the script and propose a couple of possible scenario solutions to further explore.
– Colin and David continue storyboarding, David continues with concept art.
– Campbell and Brecht focus on fixing everything in 2.5 that’s reported here!
Today, from 14-19h we spent on the script with Esther, going over all scenes, versions, stylings, characterizations, emotional impacts, deeper meanings, layers, bad-ass leveling, epicness and simple stupid silly fun aspects of this project. 🙂