A first version of the features wishlist is now available. Interested developers are invited to pick up items from this list. For the non simple features, it’s best to contact me or the module maintainer when you start working on it, so design and implementation can be discussed in advance. Note that this list can’t be considered complete yet, it will keep evolving throughout the project.
For the rest of the month September, developers here at the Blender Institute will still be occupied with Blender 2.5. This is the version that the artists will use, which will definitely help getting it ready for real word usage. In October work will start on Durian features, combined with bug fixing or adding missing things in 2.5. But, that doesn’t stop other developers from working on interesting features already.
Some of the features on our lists are already in development:
- Campbell added an option to fix curve twist issues.
- Joshua added Euler rotation order for bones.
- Janne is working on adding hair physics simulation based on the cloth solver.
Further there’s more features currently in development, which we didn’t put on our wishlist because they are already being worked on:
- Daniel continues work on
- Matt merged his volume rendering branch.
- Martin committed a first draft of network rendering.