Phew, another milestone met… the four DVD masters were sent yesterday to the printer, luckily still in time for the Blender Conference (*). Expected delivery of the copies is next week friday, we then pack all 3200 orders during the weekend (yeah, that’s going to be fun! Luckily our shop manager Anja prepares this for us excellently).
Special thanks to all team members for making tutorials from home, to Jan Morgenstern for all additional sound and music work (including cleaning up 8 commentary tracks), to Pablo Vazquez for weeks of work on the DVD design and to Joeri Kassenaar for mastering the PAL and NTSC discs. You guys will even get 4 GB extra data, the production files were 12 GB in total, heavily compressed… didn’t fit on one DVD.
DVD 1: NTSC (4 GB)
- Sintel film (15m)
- Documentary by Ali Boubred (60m)
- Outtakes, with commentary videos by Colin (11m)
- 8 commentary tracks (director, writer, composer, rigger, entire team, animators, render team, coders)
- 8 subtitle languages
- Special DVD credit scroll
DVD 2: PAL (8 GB)
- Same structure as NTSC disc
- Additional 4 GB of studio data
DVD 3: Extras (8 GB)
- Html interface to browse the contents
- Sintel film in HD (5.1 and stereo mp4)
- Ali Boubred’s documentary in HD
- 29 tutorial videos, by 10 people, almost 5 hours.
- 4-split video of film, in storyboard, director’s layout, opengl animation, final.
- High resolution artwork (incl poster, 4k renders)
- David’s concept art gallery
- Weeklies gallery + fun avi tests
- Esther Wouda’s script progress and article on the screenplay
- the Live Edit: Blender sequencer with every shot as avi + grading setup
- Blender 2.5 render branch binaries
- OpenEXR originals from the render farm, 1 for every shot (220)
DVD 4: Data (8 GB)
- Full export of the production svn, all models, textures, animation & shot .blend files
- Renderfarm software (py scripts)
- Planning board files, breakdown
(* Everyone who bought the DVD and visits conference, can pick up an extra copy at the desk if the DVD hasn’t arrived at your place yet!).